Cute wallpapers from our JenJen!
One of the Gabrielle Aplin EP videos I helped out with has been released on youtube.
Monday 28th November.
We started taking the photos for our stop motion Love Notes. For half of this I was in charge of taking the photos, so having to make sure the actors stayed in place, and weren’t moving too fast, in order for the photos to look right, and not jolted.
Our film is about two loners, who meet through writing letters to each other. We even made fake facebook pages will we will incorporate into our film when we get round to that part.
Monday 21st November 2011.
Last Monday I went to St Mary’s the Virgin Church, to film some live samples of Gabby Aplin for her new EP.
It was all being filmed live, so if something did go wrong, that would mean we’d have to start again from the beginning of the song. We did 5 songs, and most of it went well with just a few mess ups.
It was all fairly steady and laid back, we weren’t in too much of a rush.
I mainly just did a lot of camera work, in some shots there were candles around, so I had to try and contrast them in together with the performer, so not too much is focused onto the candles.
Also with doing live sets, is trying not to get anyone else, or different tripods, camera’s in your own shots, as there were also 4 other cameras filming her as well, so I had to keep an eye on the viewer, making sure the shot was clear.
One of my backgrounds i’m working on, will be adding feathers to it if it looks good.
Just some practice work for some of the backgrounds i will be making.
Using multiply and other blending modes.
My Final Design..
This photo was taken up from Alexandra Park. This is my final design, this is my favorite out of all pieces, mainly due to how i’ve used the space, and all the colors i’ve used. For this piece I went for an imagination idea, so i began to make things different colors that they normally are. I changed the color of the water, by making a new layer, and adding a linear blur to it, so it blends in with the background image. I also began selecting different areas of the landscape and changing the contrast and saturation around. With the sky, I made a new layer, and dragged the gradient over the top area of the image, and adding the multiply option over it, so it blends over the image. If i could go back to this picture, I’d add a midnight tone over it, so it would seem like its later, and add some deeper colors into the landscape cause of this.
This image is a view from Alexandra Park. This picture is probably my least favourite out of them all, mainly because I got to a certain point where I couldn’t think of much else to do to the image, as it’s all quite far away. Also, theres a lot of branches lurking around in the way, so I worried this would effect certain areas to edit, as it would stand due to different colorization. What i did like about doing this picture was the block colouring in of the houses, if there was a few less houses i would have done them all, but it was delaying time, so I only decided to do that section. I also like the blue layer i put over the water area, and to blend it in with the water, i used the layer blending mode ‘multiply’.
This image is more block coloured, and has a lot more going on in it that the first image. With this one i tried going for a more pop arty affect, with the blocked colours and such, although at the same time I think I could have done more with it, but struggled to find odd bits to fit in, without it looking too sharp on the edges. I think if i had more time with it, I would have tried blending it abit more, just so it would fit in together better.
This is am image of Southgate. For this image i decided i wanted to do something tha’ts barely the original image, and this was what i ended up with. I also tried editing the sky along with it, but it didn’t work, and when i went back to what it originally looked like, I thought it looked a lot better with the real life sky, it made the image appear more realistic and natural,even though it’s not. If i could, I’d like to go back and add in the small details that are within the brick work, just to make it less blocky, and more appealing to look at.
In our morning session on Monday, we saw a scene from Rear Window, but we were also shown how film can be shown through photographs instead of film, and still make sense by noticing on key parts within these photos.
We were then set the challenge to go out and try it ourselves. We first came up with the plots, so what would happen in each picture, and then went out and started.
Once we’d finished taking the photos, we’d then put them into Iphoto, and made it into a slideshow.